Terms of Service
UNE LIFE PTY LTD
ABN 29 065 648 419
This is an Australian Online Merchant.
Academic Hire Terms & Conditions
- Orders will not be processed without the full payment of the hire fee and deposit.
- It is NOT a good idea to leave things to chance and hope something will be available on the day as there may be nothing left in your size or to the specification you need.
- Should you wish to cancel up to 10 days before graduation a full refund is available. Any later than that and you receive the deposit fee only and forfeit the hire fee.
- Hired academic dress should be returned by 3pm on Graduation Day, otherwise the deposit is forfeited. After 72 hours it will be assumed the items have been stolen and appropriate action will be taken.
- The best procedure is to first register at the registration tent. That then leaves you plenty of time to proceed to the Weston Common Room(Building C15) to collect your robes. The Weston Common Room, located in the courtyard between Madgwick and Lazenby Halls, opens at 8am on Gradation Day.
- Please note that this online merchant is located in Australia.
Our aim is total customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will exchange or refund any current Graduation Garments or items. Please return it to us within 7 days. We will refund or exchange any current item subject to its return unworn and in its original condition and packaging. Please remember to obtain proof of postage from your post office, since we cannot be held responsible for goods lost in transit. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We take your satisfaction very seriously, that’s why we offer a return service for all our garments.
Should you change your mind we will happily exchange or refund providing the following conditions have been met:
- The items are returned is a current item of Graduation Dress and presented with the original receipt.
2. Items must be in original condition as purchased, with all labels/tickets attached and packaging intact.
3. Garments must not have been worn, washed or named.
4. UNE Life Pty Ltd will not accept returns for any non-faulty items that have been worn or tags & packaging missing.
5. Goods that are being returned for Refund or Exchange are to be sent back registered post at the buyers cost to: UNE Life Pty Ltd. Returns Department – P O Box U53 University Of New England NSW 2351
Your garment has been carefully crafted with advanced technical innovations and attention to detail. Should you find a fault with any aspect of material or workmanship please return it for assessment. The following steps must be taken.
- The items returned with the original receipt or proof of purchase.
2. Items must be washed and returned to us in a sanitary condition.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 67732473 and they will instruct you on the return process. In the event that a garment is deemed faulty we will either repair or replace the item, excluding delivery costs (if required).
REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS ARE USUALLY PROCESSED WITHIN 12 WORKING DAYS OF OUR RECEIVAL OF THE RETURNED GOODS, FOR ANY PARCEL IN STOCK.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE CLEARLY INDICATED AND YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT SHOULD ACCOMPANY GOODS.
UNE Life Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for parcels lost in transit. Please ensure you request the appropriate insurance to cover your goods in case of loss in transit.
Dispatch & Delivery
Orders are dispatched as soon as practical after being fully processed, paid and receipted to ensure that delivery time is not delayed.
UNE Life Pty Ltd use Australia Post E-Parcel for most deliveries.
If you require part or all of your order urgently UNE Life Pty Ltd offers an express service to metropolitan areas or second day delivery to country areas for an additional fee.
Website terms & conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to UNE Life Pty Ltd. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our service/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price listed at the time you ordered.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- Linking our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
- Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“C&C Act”) defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are:-
- Schedule 2 of the C&C Act; and
- those statutory guarantees, all of which are given by us to you if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are defective then:-
- We will repair or replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
- Provide again or rectify any services or part of them that are defective; or
- Wholly or partly recompense you if they are defective.
- As a consumer under the C&C Act you may be entitled to receive from us notices under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act. In that regard:-
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act and the goods or services we are providing relate to the repair of consumer goods then we will give you any notice which we are obliged to give you under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act.
- If we are a repairer of goods capable of retaining user-generated data then we hereby give you notice that the repair of those goods may result in the loss of the data.
- If we are a repairer and our practice is to supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repairing your defective goods or to use refurbished parts in the repair, then we give you notice that the goods presented by you to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. We also give you notice that we may use in the repair of your goods, refurbished parts.
Limitation of Liability
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of NSW and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in NSW and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
These Terms and Conditions have been specifically drafted for, and provided to UNE Life Pty Ltd by LawLive Pty Ltd (www.lawlive.com.au).