The 70th UNE Sports Awards Nomination Forms
A FULL LIST OF AWARDS AND APPLICABLE NOMINATION FORMS ARE BELOW.
Sportsperson of the Year - Nomination Form
FOR ENQUIRIES OR ISSUES, PLEASE CONTACT RHYS PORTER AT RPORTER9@UNE.EDU.AU
The Bill Hanlan Shield shall be presented annually at the Annual Sports Awards to the female or male student member of SportUNE who, whilst displaying good sportsmanship, has reached a higher level of achievement in sport than all other student members of SportUNE during the twelve months preceding the award and whilst enrolled at the University.
UNE Club of the Year - Nomination Form
The award will be presented to the SportUNE affiliated club or a University college clubrepresenting the University in a regular Armidale or regional competition, which in the opinion ofthe Blues Committee has achieved the most during the past twelve months or current season inregular competitions.
Blue & Half Blue - Nomination Form
a) Blue. The Blue shall be awarded to members who have shown outstanding ability, normally when representing the University, and who have reached a standard comparable to that generally achieved by the best sportspersons in other Australian Universities. Also, to be eligible for the award of a Blue, a member shall have displayed good sportsmanship and support for the UNE Club making the nomination or contributed towards sport at UNE.
UNE Club Honours - Nomination Form
b) Half Blue. The Half Blue shall be awarded to members who, normally when representing the University, have achieved a standard in their sport well above average for Australian Universities. Also, to be eligible for the award of a Half Blue, a member shall have displayed good sportsmanship and support for the UNE Club making the nomination or contributed towards sport at UNE.
To qualify for a Club Honours Award a nominee shall have made an exceptional contribution to the organisation and administration of a UNE Sporting Club over a period of at least three academic years including the year of nomination.
Coach of the Year - Nomination Form
Minimum Qualification - Level 1 Accreditation.
1. Demonstrated application of appropriate and accepted training theory and coaching principles to improve the level of performance of the team or the athlete.
Intervarsity Team of the Year - Nomination Form
2. Success with a team winning a competition or improvement of a team from one season to next or within aseason.
3. Evidence of attracting players to the Club/maintaining members in the Club in order to develop the Club.
4. Active participation in the affairs of the Club.
5. Clear record of achievements in the year under review.
6. Presentation of a positive image of coaching and the role of the Coach.
7. Nominees will be coaches of UNE teams or UNE College teams competing at a local,regional or higher competition level.
The University Team will have, in the opinion of the Blues Committee, achieved at the highest level during University Competition during the past twelve months. The Committee may consider a joint award
Olivia Molineaux - Nomination Form
1. The nominee will have made an outstanding contribution to Mary Bagnall or President's Trophy sport, as a student of the University of New England, over an expected period of at least two years.
Spirit of Sport at UNE - Nomination Form
2. The nominee must show clear evidence of possessing organisational skills in relation to Intercollegiate Sport for a minimum period of one year (preferably as an MB/PT representative).
1. Nominees will have contributed positively to the promotion and development of Sport at UNE.
Sports Administrator of the Year - Nomination Form
2. Nominees will have displayed pride in representing their sport/college or group.
3. Active participation in a range of sporting activities/events above those normally expected in Club/Intercollegiate competitions.
1. Nominees will have proven capacity to liaise with the SportUNE.
Sports Recognition Award - Nomination Form
2. Evidence of liaising with counterparts in other institutions (where appropriate) and/or liaising with sport organisers/Presidents of UNE. Colleges.
3. Show clear evidence of possessing appropriate leadership qualities and organisational skills through managing a club or being active in the SportUNE Administration.
4. Evidence of promoting the good name of SportUNE and the University in the wider community.
5. Evidence of a general contribution to sport.
6. It is expected that nominees will be Members of SportUNE
1. In order to be eligible for the Sports recognition award, a nominee shall have made an "all round"contribution to UNE Sport as either a participant or administrator. It will be expected that the nomineewill have been actively involved with SportUNE for a period of not less than two years. The minimum criterion as a participant is representation in three sports in local/regional competition or at Intervarsity Championships/Games.
UNE Club Team of the Year - Nomination Form
2. Nominees should be members of SportUNE, although in exceptional circumstances the BluesCommittee will consider a nomination from a person other than a Member who has made a majorcontribution to University sport.
The award will be presented to the University Team which, in the opinion of the Blues Committee, has achieved the most in representing UNE during the past twelve months or current season in regular competitions. Where a University College team represents the University in a regular Armidale or Regionalcompetition, the College team will be eligible to be nominated for the award.